A full-time PhD position starting from the Spring or Fall semester 2015 is available in the Department of Computer Science, University of Massachusetts Lowell, under the supervision of Professor Benyuan Liu (http://www.cs.uml.edu/~bliu). Prof. Liu’s research area is in the area of the application, algorithm design and performance analysis of computer networking technologies. The student is expected to work in the application, design, and performance modeling of various computer networking technologies. |
Desirable Qualifications: Applicants should have BS or MS degree in one of the following fields: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, Control & Automation, or other closely related fields, and the following qualifications:
1. Solid mathematics, algorithm design and programming skills.
2. Strong motivation/determination/interest toward research.
3. Good research/publication record is a plus.
Interested students should directly send the e-copy of the following material to Dr. Liu via email (firstname.lastname@example.org):
• Cover letter stating qualifications, relevant experience and research interests.
• Curriculum vitae.
• A copy of transcripts (undergraduate and graduate if applicable).
• Relevant published research materials if available.
• A copy of TOEFL and GRE score.
Note: University of Massachusetts Lowell is a top-tier national research university and located 25 miles northwest of Boston in the high-tech corridor of Massachusetts.