Two Funded Ph.D. Positions in Control and Power System|
Applications are currently being accepted for Ph.D. training under the mentorship of Dr. Zi-Ang Zhang (http://www.binghamton.edu/ece/pe ... es/zhang_ziang.html). Starting from fall 2015. Successful candidates will be expected to work on control theory, complex network and/or power system related projects.
• Master degree in Electrical Engineering with concentration on control theory
• Solid math background
• Good English communication and writing skills
• Power system, smart grid or/and renewable energy related research experience
• Previous experience on networked control system, complex network modeling
• Previous publication record on IEEE conferences
If you are interested about complex network and control research in general, here is a recommended reading list:
• Melanie Mitchell, “Complexity: A Guided Tour”, Oxford University Press, 2009
• Norbert Wiener, “Cybernetics Or Control and Communication in the Animal and the Machine”, MIT Press, 1961
Interested students please send you resume and writing sample (paper, technical report) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb. 28th. Students with suitable backgrounds will be notified for the next step.