One master or PhD student position is available to start in Sep. 2015 in |
Prof. Guangrui Xia’s group, in the Department of Materials Engineering, the
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Due to the interdisciplinary nature of the research, students with bachelor
or master degree from Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical
engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Microelectroni
cs, Applied Physics, Physics, Chemistry or other-related fields are all
1. GPA ranking above 10 out of 30 (for Chinese schools), with major GPA > 85/
2. Undergraduate education from the following universities is desired:
Tsinghua University, Peking University, University of Science and Technology
of China, Zhejiang University, Nanjing University, Fudan University,
Shanghai Jiaotong, Huazhong University of Science and Technology.
3. Proficient with one programming language such as C++ or Fortune or Matlab,
preferably has done projects with more than 200 lines of programming.
4. Courses on semiconductor materials and devices are desired.
5. Experience with finite element analysis simulation tool is a plus.
6. A solid background in physics or math is a plus.
7. No GRE is required.
8. Department requirements:
1) Interested students can send their resumes and scanned transcripts to Dr.
2) After review, candidates will be interviewed by phone;
3) Qualified student need to take a TOEFL to meet UBC requirements, if they
haven’t done so;
4) Student with Dr. Xia’s tentative offer need to submit official
application to the department of Materials Engineering, indicating that Dr.
Xia is the faculty member of interest;
5) Official offer will be issued by the Faculty of Graduate Studies and the
department. Admitted student will be fully financially supported with a
Please send your inquiry to:
Dr. Guangrui Xia