（InUniversity of Nebraska-Lincoln, Materials Engineering PHD. 2016~2021）
1) Research interest and Advisor：My research is mainly focused in perovskite solar cell, and Iwill pursue my doctorate degree in the major of materials engineering in the Universityof Nebraska Lincoln. My advisor will be Dr. XXX; he will offer me a researchassistantship (RA) when the teaching assistantship (TA) offered by thedepartment is run out.
2) A basic description of myresearch: A solar cell is a kind of device that converts sunlight intoelectricity, the most important part of a solar cell is the absorber thatabsorbs sunlight. Perovskite solar cell is a specific solar cell with theabsorber in the perovskite crystal structure. Typically a perovskite solar cellis fabricated by sequentially spun different solutions on glass substrate.
3) Financial status and ResearchFunding: I have received an 18,000$ TA from the department which will cover the17,983$ expenses. My advisor Dr. XXX will offer me an RA after the TAis run out, and his funding comes from National Science Foundation (NSF), Materials Research Science andEngineering Center (MRSEC), Nebraska's Experimental Program to StimulateCompetitive Research (EPSCoR) and Institutional Development Award (IDeA).
4) Practical Applicationof Research: In 2014, development of perovskite solar cell was elected to bethe TOP 10 scientific breakthrough by Science magazine. Perovskite solar cellscould be fabricated in a rather inexpensive way; hence it has great opportunityto replace the commercial silicon solar cell. Different from silicon solar cellthe perovskite solar could be directly integrated into glass curtain wall withtunable colors, and solar cells on the glass curtain wall could supplyelectricity to the building during the day time.
5) Future plan: Accordingto the Global New Energy Development Report released by China New EnergyChamber of Commerce (CNECC), the photovoltaic market in China has surpassedGerman to be the largest photovoltaic market. In addition, my parents live inChina. I am the only child in my family so after graduating I decide to comeback to stay with them. Accordingly, I plan to finish my study at Nebraska andthen come back to China to build my career in photovoltaic companies like Hanenergyand Weihua Photovoltaics.
Thank you for reviewing my Visa application.