Two Fully Funded PhD positions on Services Computing at CMU-Silicon Valley|
Carnegie Mellon University - Silicon Valley campus is pleased to announce two Ph.D students positions under Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) department, to start in January 2016.
Advisor: Dr. Jia Zhang (http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/jiaz/)
The project will center on Services Computing, with a focus on scientific workflows, web-centric collaboration, and big data management. Potential topics for a PhD dissertation include, but are not limited to: semantic web service discovery, web service composition, and collaborative scientific workflow.
1. Already received, or is expecting to finalize within a few months, a Master's degree in Computer Science, or similar.
2. Highly motivated in Services Computing and Software Engineering with strong commitment.
3. Proficiency in written and spoken English.
5. Familiarity with Semantic Web Services / Web technologies / Big Data / Data Mining / Information Retrieval / Process analytics / Database / Cloud Computing is an asset.
As a successful candidate for this award, you will:
1. Enroll as a PhD student at the ECE department of CMU with full Research Assistantship;
2. Study and research at CMU-SV under advice of Prof. Jia Zhang, and write a dissertation leading to a PhD degree;
3. Receive a support grant to attend conferences and other events related to your research each year.
The **deadline for submitting the application** is October 1st, 2015, but the candidates are encouraged to contact Prof. Jia Zhang as soon as possible.
Please send an email to email@example.com including a 1) detailed CV, 2) a letter of purpose, and 3) research sample (publication or research paper).
Applicants should list two referees that may be contacted.