Two full-time PhD positions starting from 2016 spring orfall semesters are available at University of Massachusetts Boston, under thesupervision of Prof. Honggang Zhang (http://eng.umb.edu/~hzhang/
). Acceptedstudents will enroll in the PhD program in Computer Science in the Departmentof Computer Science at UMass Boston. Accepted students will receive fullfinancial support in the form of Research Assistantship.
Prof. Zhang’s research is in the areas of algorithm design,performance analysis, and system
development for mobile computing, Internet ofthings, mobile health, computer networking and distributed systems in general.The students are expected to work in the above areas.
Qualifications: Applicants should have BS or MS degree inone of the following fields: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, ComputerEngineering, Control & Automation, or other related fields, and thefollowing qualifications:
1. Strong motivation, determination, and interest towardresearch.
2. Solid mathematics and programming skills.
Interested students please directly send their electroniccopies of the following materials to Dr. Zhang via email(firstname.lastname@example.org
* Cover letter stating qualifications, relevant experienceand research interests.
* Curriculum vitae.
* A copy of transcripts, including undergraduate andgraduate (if applicable).
* A copy of TOEFL and GRE score.
* Relevant published research materials if available.
Note: University of Massachusetts Boston is a top-tiernational research university, and its scenic waterfront campus is located onthe Columbia Point peninsula in the City of Boston, next to the John F. KennedyLibrary. https://www.umb.edu/the_university