2 full-time PhD researchassistantships (RA) in ComputerEngineering
, starting from Fall 2016 semester, are available in theDepartment of Electrical & Computer Engineering, the University of Massachusetts Lowell
. These RA positions are to worktowards PhD degrees under the mentorship of Dr. Tricia Chigan (http://faculty.uml.edu/Tricia_Chigan/
),who is a recipient of the National Science Foundation CAREER Award. Dr. Chiganregularly serves as the Technical Program Committee (TPC) member for leadingIEEE conferences including INFOCOM, ICC, GLOBECOM, and WCNC. Currently, shealso serves as the Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on IntelligentTransportation System
The focus research areas include Cyberand Network Security, VehicularAd Hoc Networks (VANETs), VANET-based Data Mining and Applications,VANET-enhanced Smart Transportations, and Cognitive Radio Networks &Security. Theseresearch projects are sponsored by National Science Foundation (NSF), US Army’sCommunications Research and Development Center (CERDEC), US Army Research Lab(ARL), and industry partners.
Desirable Qualifications: Applicantsshould preferably have both MS and BS degrees in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering/Science or Control &Automationor other closely related fields, and the followingqualifications:
1. Solid modeling & simulation as well as programmingskills are required.
2. Good background knowledge and a keen interest inopt
imization algorithms, data mining, artificial intelligence, and machinelearning are desired.
3. Strong motivation/determination/interest towardresearch is expected.
4. Good research/publication record is a plus.
5. Among all the supporting factors, your solid academicbackground and research potential will be evaluated the most.
Interested students shoulddirectly submit the e-copy
of the following material to Dr.Chigan via email (Tricia_Chigan@uml.edu
- Cover letter stating qualifications, relevant experience and research interests.
- Curriculum vitae.
- A copy of transcripts (both graduate and undergraduate studies).
- Relevant published research materials.
- A copy of TOEFL & GRE scores.
Highly qualified applicants will be facilitated to gothrough an application process to UMass Lowell Graduate School (http://www.uml.edu/grad/
Note:University of Massachusetts Lowell is located about 25 miles northwest ofBoston in the high-tech corridor of Massachusetts.