2014.09 - Now
MSc. in Condensed Matter Physics University of British Columbia, Canada August 2016 (expected to graduate)
Main subjects: Quantum Mechanics I, Condensed Matter Physics, Quantum Electrodynamics, Semiconductor Theory for Device Applications
Thesis: "Microwave studies on Iron-Selenide Superconductors".(In Progress)
B.A. in Applied Physics Shandong University, China
Ranking:1/66 Overall GPA: 3.5/4 (91/100) Major GPA: 3.73/4 (93.38/100)}
Main subjects: Solid State Physics, Semiconductor, Atomic Physics, Quantum Mechanics, Electrodynamics, Theoretical Mechanics.
Thesis: "Studies on Optical Properties of 1D Periodic Photonic Crystal". (First-Class Bachelor Thesis)
2014.10 - Now
Microwave Studies of FeSe Superconductors.
Supervisor: Douglas. A. Bonn University of British Columbia
* Prepared and grew Cobalt-doped FeSe single crystals by Vapor Transport Technique.
* Measured crystals using Cavity Perturbation Method at low temperature down to 1.2K.
* Controlled experiments and collected microwave data using a custom LabVIEW VI program.
* Extracted microwave conductivity and superfluid density by virtue of MATLAB and Origin software.
* Worked with Prof. David Broun to do much lower temperature measurement by Dilution Refrigerator.
* Wrote papers summarizing recent researches and to be submitted to Physics Review Letter (PRL).
* Working on Bolometric Broadband Spectroscopy to obtain continuous-frequency low-temperature measurement of microwave electrodynamics over a broad frequency with great sensitivity.
Research on Optical Properties of Periodic Photonic Crystal.
Supervisor: GuiQiang Du, Shandong Univesity, China
* Simulated the dispersion relation, transmittance, reflectance and absorptance of composite structures composed of metals and truncated dielectric photonic crystals containing defects by means of MATLAB programming.
* Theoretically accomplished the near-perfect narrow-band and broadband absorption by above heterostructure crystals in the visible and near-infrared region.
* Awarded Fist-Class Bachelor Thesis.
Research on Beverage Heavy-Metal Detection by Liquid Cathode Discharge Optical Emission Spectroscopy.
Supervisor: Zhongchen Wu, Shandong University, China
* Sponsored by a National Undergraduate Innovation and Entrepreneurship training program (Funding: ￥10,000).
* Designed and established the experimental platform including a surface-tension-driven automatic liquid sampling system.
* Measured trace of heavy metal (such as Hg,Pb) in contaminated beverage samples by liquid electrode plasma atomic emission spectrometry.
* Granted outstanding award of Shandong Province Physical Science and Technology Innovation Contest.
2014.09 - Now
Graduate Research Assistant UBC Superconductivity Group, Vancouver
Research on FeSe Superconductors
2014.09 - Now
Graduate Teaching Assistant Department of Physics & Astronomy, UBC
* Organized and demonstrated laboratory experiments.
* Taught and supervised fifty students in each lab and tutorial sessions.
* Invigilated and marked laboratory reports, midterm and final exams.
Course (2014/09-2015/05): Physics 100 Introductory Physics.
Course (2015/09-2015/12): Physics 101 Energy and Waves.
Course (2016/01-2016/04): Physics 159 Introductory Physics Laboratory for Engineers
Course (2016/05 - Now): Physics 250 Modern Physics
2015.05 - Now
Personal/Private Tutor Global IVY Education Ltd, Vancouver
Coures: BC Math Grades 10 &11 &12, SAT Physics， UBC Math200, UBC Math256.
Undergraduate Research Assistant Shandong University, China.
Supervisor: Zhongchen Wu
New behaviors observed in c-axis microwave conductivity and superfluid density of pure FeSe crystals (to be published on Physics Review Letter) Meng Li, Shun Chi, James Day, P. Dosanjh and D. A. Bonn
Another paper (collaboration with David Broun) is in progress.
ACADEMIC AWARDS & HONORS
2014 & 2015 International Tuition Award University of British Columbia
2014 & 2015 Faculty of Science Graduate Award University of British Columbia
2014 First-Class Bachelor Thesis Shandong University, China
2012 & 2013 National Scholarship of Encouragement Ministry of Education of China
2012 & 2013 National Undergraduate Research Funding Ministry of Education of China
2012 & 2013 First Prize Scholarship and Excellent Student Shandong University, China
2012 Outstanding Award at Science and Technology
Innovation Contest in Shandong Province Shandong Province, China
2011 Second Prize Scholarship and Excellent Student Shandong University, China
2011 National Scholarship of Encouragement Ministry of Education of China
Programming language: C++, Python, MATLAB, MATHEMATICA, Java, HTML, R Language.
Others: LaTeX, LABVIEW,