2 full-time PhD research assistantships (RA) in Computer Engineering, starting from Fall 2016 semester, are available in the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, the University of Massachusetts Lowell. These RA positions are to work towards PhD degrees under the mentorship of Dr. Tricia Chigan, who is a recipient of the National Science Foundation CAREER Award. Dr. Chigan regularly serves as the Technical Program Committee (TPC) member for leading IEEE conferences including INFOCOM, ICC, GLOBECOM, and WCNC. Currently, she also serves as the Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems. |
The focus research areas include Cyber and Network Security, Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANETs), VANET-based Data Mining and Applications, VANET-enhanced Smart Transportations, and Cognitive Radio Networks & Security. These research projects are sponsored by National Science Foundation (NSF), US Army’s Communications Research and Development Center (CERDEC), US Army Research Lab (ARL), and industry partners.
Desirable Qualifications: Applicants should preferably have both MS and BS degrees in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering/Science or Control & Automation or other closely related fields, and the following qualifications:
1. Solid modeling & simulation as well as programming skills are required.
2. Good background knowledge and a keen interest in optimization algorithms, data mining, artificial intelligence, and machine learning are desired.
3. Strong motivation/determination/interest toward research is expected.
4. Good research/publication record is a plus.
5. Among all the supporting factors, your solid academic background and research potential will be evaluated the most.
Interested students should directly submit the e-copy of the following material to Dr. Chigan via email (Tricia_Chigan@uml.edu):
1. Cover letter stating qualifications, relevant experience and research interests.
2. Curriculum vitae.
3. A copy of transcripts (both graduate and undergraduate studies).
4. Relevant published research materials.
5. A copy of TOEFL & GRE scores.
Highly qualified applicants will be facilitated to go through an application process to UMass Lowell Graduate School. Application fee will be waived.
Note: University of Massachusetts Lowell is located about 25 miles northwest of Boston in the high-tech corridor of Massachusetts.
University of Massachusetts Lowell招收2名计算机工程全奖博士生 (Fall 2016 & Spring 2017)
Cyber and Network Security
Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANETs)
VANET-based Data Mining and Applications
VANET-enhanced Smart Transportations
Cognitive Radio Networks & Security.
Applicants should preferably have both MS and BS degrees in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering/Science or Control & Automation or other closely related fields
All past graduate students from our lab found R&D job positions in major companies, including Qualcomm, Cisco, Broadcom, Garmin, and FIS Global.
University of Massachusetts Lowell is located about 25 miles northwest of Boston in the high-tech corridor of Massachusetts.