IBM is looking to hire a experienced technical expert to help deliver database services architected for the cloud. You will be part of the team that architects, designs, and implements highly scalable distributed database system
s that provide availability, reliability and performance guarantees. This is a hands on position where you will be asked to do everything from building foundational database components to work with other teams to resolve issues. You need to not only be a top software engineer with a good track record of delivering, but also excel in communication, leadership and customer focus.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers. Work with extraordinary, insightful, imaginative people in an environment that cultivates creativity and individuality.
What will you make with IBM? ibm.com/jobs
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- 2-5 years working as a database engineer or a related role.
- Strong SQL expertise writing complex queries.
- Good understanding of database users, permission, backups, recovery, monitoring, and performance tuning.
- Help to make database faster by running diagnostics and doing query optimization and other performance tuning.
- Address bugs with QA, plan schemas with engineering, and respond quickly to other business needs.
- Knowledge and know-how to troubleshoot potential issues, and experience with best practices around database operations.
- Must be adaptable to changing priorities and schedules.
- Technical Skills: OOP / OOD concepts, ORM frameworks such as Hibernate, JPA, MySQL/Oracle/DB2/NoSQL, UML, Eclipse, Jira, DevOps, Agile/SCRUM, Windows, Linux, knowledge of Cloud Architectures – IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS , Microservices.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Practical working experience with cloud computing technologies such as AWS, VMware, Azure, and/or Softlayer is a plus.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.