Fully Funded PhD positions on Services Computing at CMU-Silicon Valley|
Carnegie Mellon University - Silicon Valley campus is pleased to announce 2-3 Ph.D student positions under Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) Department
department, to start in Spring 2017 or Fall 2017.
Advisor: Dr. Jia Zhang (http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/jiaz/)
The project will center on Service Oriented Computing, with a focus on scientific workflows, web-centric collaboration, and big data management. Potential topics for a PhD dissertation include, but are not limited to: semantic web service discovery, web service composition, and collaborative scientific workflow.
1. Already received, or is expecting to finalize within a few months, a Master's degree in Computer Science, or similar.
2. Highly motivated in Services Computing and Software Engineering with strong commitment.
3. Proficiency in written and spoken English.
5. Familiarity with Semantic Web Services / Web technologies / Big Data / Data Mining / Information Retrieval / Process analytics / Database / Cloud Computing is an add.
As a successful candidate for this award, you will:
1. Enroll as a PhD student at the ECE department of CMU with full Research Assistantship;
2. Study and research at CMU-SV under advice of Prof. Jia Zhang, and write a dissertation leading to a PhD degree;
3. Receive a support grant to attend conferences and other events related to your research each year.
The **deadline for submitting the application** is October 1 (for Spring 2017) or December 15 (for Fall 2017), but the candidates are encouraged to contact Prof. Jia Zhang as soon as possible.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including a 1) detailed CV, 2) a letter of purpose, and 3) research sample (publication or research paper).
Applicants should list two referees that may be contacted.