Prof. Rui Zhang (www_eecis_udel_edu/~ruizhang/ (replace "_" by ".")) in the Department of Computer and Information Sciences at the University of Delaware (UD) is recruiting multiple PhD students with RA support, starting in Fall 20117. A successful candidate is expected to conduct research related to one or multiple areas in wireless/mobile security, wireless networking, mobile computing, cloud computing, or social networks. An ideal candidate is expected to have:|
- An earned master degree in CS, EE or a relevant area before Fall 2017
- Strong mathematical skills, including probability analysis
- Solid background in wireless communications and networking is a plus
- Android/iOS programming skills are a plus
- Previous research experience in wireless and mobile is a plus
- Background and research experience in security or cryptography is a big plus
The University of Delaware is in Newark, Delaware, a small college town that is located roughly halfway between Philadelphia (approximately 72 km away) and Baltimore (approximately 89 km away) and also within driving distance of New York city and Washington, D.C. The CS program at UD is ranked 70th in the nation by US News 2014.
Interested candidates should send your CV, PS, transcripts, TOEFL and GRE scores, and everything that you believe will help your application in PDF format to Prof. Rui Zhang (firstname.lastname@example.org) in one email. Visiting/exchange scholars and students who have matching interests and strong research backgrounds are welcome to contact Prof. Rui Zhang for inquiries about position availability.