|Akron大学Professor Tao 课题组急需两个Ph.D.全奖职位：1. 仿生传感器及其在土木领域的应用; 2. 为桥梁冲刷机制以及仿生治理措施， 两个方向均为前沿性，交叉性研究课题。同时也鼓励对智能土木/岩土工程感兴趣的同学直接联系Professor Tao!
注意：1. 没有固定的截止日期，招满为止！2. 因职位急需，如果表现出极大的科研兴趣和潜力，可以免除GRE考试成绩。想获得更多消息，请直接联系Dr.Tao （jtao2 at uakron dot edu)
Two RA positions (Ph.D. Level) in Civil Engineering available at The University of Akron
Two graduate research assistantships starting from 2014 Fall or 2015 Spring, are available in Prof. Julian Tao’s group at the Department of Civil Engineering, University of Akron.
Dr. Tao’s group focuses on interdisciplinary studies to address emerging civil/geotechnical engineering challenges, Two positions are currently available in the general area of sustainable infrastructure.
Position #1: Fundamental and applied research in Bio-inspired Sensors, such as artificial hair cells and mechanochromic sensing skins;
Position #2: Mechanism and bio-inspired countermeasures for Bridge Scour (erosion of sediment around bridge foundations, number one reason for bridge failures).
Note: Candidates in the general area of Geotechncial Engineering and Smart Health Monitoring are also encouraged to contact Dr. Tao!
Stipend of $18,000/year up to four years for applicants with a Master Degree;
Stipend may increase depending on the academic performance and outcome of the student during the Ph.D. study.
Please also be advised that the cost of living in Akron area is relatively low.
Opportunities to attend various national and international conferences, workshops and summer schools;
Opportunities to collaborate with prestigious professors in civil engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering and polymer engineering and etc.
- Open minded and highly self-motivated;
- Have a keen interest in interdisciplinary research;
- For Position #1, candidates should have a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (Smart Health Monitoring), Mechanical Engineering (Sensors and Sensing Systems), or Material Science and Engineering (Functional Materials); Background in electrical engineering, computational modeling, non-destructive testing, signal processing, or other interdisciplinary studies is a plus;
- For Position #2, candidate should have a Master's or Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering (Geotechnical Engineering, Hydraulic Engineering or similar); Background in code development, CFD modeling, DEM modeling is a plus.
- TOFEL score available (>79); GRE test can be waived, please contact Dr. Tao.
- No specific deadline, open until filled.
Anyone who is interested in this position is encouraged to directly response to Dr. Tao with your CV and transcripts via jtao2 at uakron dot edu. Please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Tao, if you have any questions about this opportunity.
The University of Akron is a fast-growing, academically dynamic institution. In addition to the world’s largest polymer academic program, UAkron also has the fourth fastest-growing engineering program in the USA. University of Akron also provides the world’s first Ph.D. degree in Biomimicry. For more information about The University of Akron and the Department of Civil Engineering, please visit http://www.uakron.edu/ and http://www.uakron.edu/engineering/CE/