[一亩三分地]tips for Networking & Resume
刚看到taodibuding同学整理的tips for networking & resume, 关于如何建立网络、如何写简历总结的很好，俺就转过来。
刚参加完一个workshop，speaker都是Google, MSR, Oracle, Nokia等大公司的，有一些关于Networking和Resume的建议跟大家分享一下～
Why networking? – Make connections with potential colleagues.
Cast a WIDE net & tend your net. Keep the relationships strong!. Warald博客有更多文章,
Move out of your comfort zone → talk to people → share ideas → impact others or the community
When we are talking to people, try to talk about both professional and personal issues. It will bring people closer. Try to connect with people emotionally.
Repeat people’s name, i.e. nice to meet you, XXX. People feel comfortable when hear their own names.
. 1point 3acres 论坛
Shake hands if it is appropriate. People feel calm after touch.
Talk with people in meetings, workshops, and other events. Ask for internship opportunities. Ask for business card. Or ask smart questions. Don’t be too shy. You don’t lose anything by asking.
After initial meeting, send emails attaching resume.
Be the best version of your self. Be professional. Clean up your public records. Don’t put crazy party pictures on your Facebook page. . visit 1point3acres.com for more.
• Resume: 1 page, no more than 2 pages.
• Personal webpage: recruiters like applicants include their personal webpage link on the resume.
Update your skills set. Review everything you put on your resume.
Put reference letters on your resume if possible.
Be open to opportunities. Be flexible.
You should sound like a rock star in your resume.
• Use active voice.
• Don’t be afraid to loud your accomplishment.
• Play with formatting and color.
Make your resume readable:
• Highlight skills. 1point 3acres 论坛
• Use action words
• Talk about what you have done in a concise way
• Put your GPA on the resume. 牛人云集一亩三分.
• TA experience? Yes. Shows leadership, communication abilities.
• Hobby is not important unless it is technical related.
• Extracurricular? You can list it, but keep it in a line or two.
April 7, 2011